Friday, November 09, 2007

cultural differences @ meals and Batman

Meals...
In china it's custom to over serve your guests...as an empty plate is sign of low respect. (In that you didn't feed your guest well).

In the usa, I was brainwashed to think about the starving people in the world. Thus clean the plate.

So what to do? I always find that I eat too much food whilst in China. Plus I drink too much beer, though as there aren't many beverage options you're stuck w/ beer. Thankfully the beer, is extremely light and low in flavor, you can drink cases of it and your get full up, long before you get a buzz, let alone drunk.


So Batman??

I was on the star line ferry this afternoon, going from Kowloon to Hong Kong Island, and noticed a helicopter constantly hovering around one of the large buildings in Central. Then it landed, probably to refuel, and came back.

Then I went to Aberdeen, with friends - to the Jumbo Restaurant, and noticed a few people hanging out at the Aberdeen Marina Club with cameras...ah the paparazzi, as I turned the corner, there about 30 or so.

So one of my friends, said they were filming the new Batman today in SoHo on the escalators, and so it all made sense.

So I wonder who was staying at the club? Christian
Bale or Morgan Freeman? Maybe Michael Caine or Liam Neeson. Aberdeen, is definitely more secluded, there would be less tourists and people snooping around.

No comments: