Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Malls, Malls, Malls


IFC Christmas Tree
Originally uploaded by Gone-Walkabout
The picture to the right is a christmas tree, made up of balls on string and hung, there was no base to this giant ornament.

I feel like I'm living in my own personal hell to a certain degree. I've been into 10 malls, as they're part of the train station(excellent city planning, btw). They're all about 7 floors or more, and take up 3-5 city blocks. Every name brand company has a store here, I never knew there was a 'North Face' store. (makes sense since it's no longer a outdoor equipment company, and now just a fashion statement - yes conde nast bought them, went chapter 11 with them, and what was once similar to marmot or columbia is no longer).

Today was my first day bouncing around on my own, I would've wished to have been able to go downtown, but do to business constraints I can't tonight - have a midnight conference call, what a PIA.

So have just gotten back from Starbucks, probably should've gone to Pacific Coffee. I don't think I'll ever get tired of the people giggling at my height, as I am about 2X the size of everyone here. Interestingly at Starbucks, their position behind the counter is lifted about 1 foot..

So I guess I'll just surf the 'net till about 10pm, then go for some more food, and wait for my conference call.

No comments: