Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Funny Farm and a Grand Wagoneer

so as tis the season, a lot of winter movies are on - or maybe better movies because of the WGA strike; there are older movies on.

anyhow, I was watching "Funny Farm" tonight, and last week; and so on so forth. (It's just one of those films you can watch in total; or just in sections). Just now the prospective buyers have come onto the scene - boy do they speak '80s yuppification. I'd expect to see Ushuaia (one of my favorite shows) on CNBC after the closing bell; or one of the other CNBC oldies; yuppie toy shows - I remember seeing 'roller blades' first on CNBC circa 1985 I think?

So in typical yuppie(preppie) world - the Jeep Grand Wagoneer. A car/truck before the term 'SUV' existed; with traditional fake wood sides and a definition for so many people. It was a true classic, great in it's presence; but also a mechanical nightmare. I remember(from friends who had them) the rear window never worked(don't think it ever worked in any Jeep[except at the dealership]); the parts were typical late 70's early 80's durable but not break resistant. Though it did have a big torque V8.


[damn it's hard to type...I spilled cider all over my keyboard; it's fall/autumn Cider is my norm around now]

No comments: